RoadSwap respects your privacy. RoadSwap and its affiliates (” RoadSwap ” or the “Company” ) offer GPS based classified services to users of www.RoadSwap.com (the ” Website “) and/or users of RoadSwap’smobile application (the ” Application “) (collectively referred to as the “ Services “).
● the information that RoadSwap collects from users;
● how that information is used by RoadSwap; and
● the rights and options available to users.
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 16. If you are under 16, you may not download or use the Application.
Contact RoadSwap / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact RoadSwap at: privacy@RoadSwap.com
You may send RoadSwap other requests, responses, questions and complaints by email at admin@RoadSwap.com
Information that is being collected
The categories of information collected by RoadSwap will include all or just some of the following, depending on how you choose to use the Services.
Whenever you use the Services, RoadSwap will collect:-
● detailed location and route information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated. RoadSwap uses this location and route information to display items for sale near your location, and to provide you distance of other items based on your selected search area, and
● information about your use of the Services. See “Meta-data that we collect”, below;
If you choose to use the Services in a manner detailed below, RoadSwap may also collect:-
● information that you choose to share with RoadSwap, including a username you have chosen, reports associated with your username.
Your phone number. Your phone number will be used to verify your account and as point of contact for items you list to sell within the app.
● information required when setting up a username you have chosen, such as your name and email, and phone number. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or out-dated information may impair RoadSwap’s ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. RoadSwap will explicitly indicate the fields for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to set up a username; and/ or
● information shared from your social network accounts. See “Integration with social networks”, below.
Your username in the Application:-
● RoadSwap will link all of your information with your Account and that username. This includes information received from all mobile devices running the Application on which you have chosen to sign in using your username;
● with the exception described in the bullet below, your Account and information associated with your Account will be visible only to RoadSwap; and
● when using the Application, your approximate location and other information you may choose to contribute will be visible to other users associated with that username. However, you can prevent others from seeing you by selecting Invisible mode.
● RoadSwap will link all of your information with your Account and a unique identifier generated by RoadSwap;
● with the exception described in the bullet below, your Account and information associated with your Account (including your unique identifier) will be visible only to RoadSwap; and
● when using the Application, your approximate location and other information you may choose to contribute will be visible to other users associated with the username.
Uses of information
RoadSwap may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
● to provide you with the Services. For example, RoadSwap may:-
use your location and route information to provide navigation services and to provide information about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your close vicinity; a list of other RoadSwap users who you may know and with whom you may wish to connect.
● to improve the experience of other users. For example, RoadSwap may use your route information to improve the accuracy of its mapping and navigation data;
● to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
● to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
● We do not send any advertising to your email address. All advertising and notification such as listed below will be sent to your In-Box within the app.
● to create aggregated and/ or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user).
● to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
● to share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, RoadSwap and other users;
● to contact you when RoadSwap believes it to be necessary;
● to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when RoadSwap has a good faith belief that RoadSwap’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
● to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
● to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
● to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Further information may be collected when RoadSwap exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact RoadSwap’s support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Personal information that you share
The Services are based on a community of users publicly sharing information with RoadSwap and with other members of that community.
The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted along with other personal information. Certain roadside assistant you provide may include your driving path within the vicinity of those incidents. Therefore, you must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information. At the very least you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when publishing personal information by means other than the Internet and cellular services.
You can decide whether or not to submit content to sell on the Services. However any content that you submit for posting, may be viewed by all users of the Services and by RoadSwap.
In any event (but except as detailed below with respect to information shared from your social network accounts according to your privacy settings for such social network accounts), your email address will not be visible to others through any reports or user posts that you share or upload.
We, at RoadSwap, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Service. However, RoadSwap has no control over the conduct of any user and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information and carefully examine all necessary details related to any communication with other users prior to any engagement or communication being made.
Participating in any user’s activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using RoadSwap, is entirely at your own risk. RoadSwap is not a party to any agreement entered into between the users in any circumstances. The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held or conducted by a user or a third party nor in connection to any agreement between the users or third parties, including any activity or event related in any way, directly or indirectly, the Services or the use thereof.
Integration with social networks
You may choose to share referrer information between your Account and your social network account (such as Facebook). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through the Services.
When you connect to the social network account through the Services for the first time or otherwise make the Services interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the Services. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts.
Accordingly we only collect such information which you allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, email address, list of friends, profile picture, other information you make publicly available via the applicable social network). You understand that the Services may access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the third party social network and authorized by you) such information so that it is available on and through your Account. For example, RoadSwap may allow you to share your location with your Facebook friends, via the Application.
Please note that certain information which you have defined as private on your third party social network accounts may become public to other RoadSwap Users through the Services if you have defined such information to be public on the Services. For example, if you designate your social network username as “private”in your social network account (to the extent possible under said settings), but have elected to set your RoadSwap account settings as public, then the username will become public on the RoadSwap service.
Meta-data that we collect
RoadSwap collects information about the use of the Services. For example, RoadSwap may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, the web pages that you visit via the Application, information that you read, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in.
RoadSwap does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
RoadSwap will not share your personal information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in RoadSwap’s good-faith discretion:
● as necessary for the operation of the Services.
● If RoadSwap is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
● In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and RoadSwap, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
● In any case where RoadSwap reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
● For facilitating the Service and to store your data on servers located in the U.S.A, and other locations
● To collect, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to RoadSwap, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the United States of America.
Controlling your personal information
If you would like us to delete your Account, your username (if you have set one up) and your personal information, please use the “Delete Account” function we offer available under the Settings menu in the Application.
On receiving such a request, RoadSwap will use reasonable efforts to delete such information, however please note we may not delete information immediately from our back-up systems.
If you find that the information associated with your Account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from setting up a username and impair the ability to provide you with Services.
How does RoadSwap use aggregated information?
RoadSwap may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
RoadSwap may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services’ providers, partners and any other third party. For example, GPS information that we receive from your mobile device may be provided to map editors in an aggregated and/ or anonymous form to help improve the map and solve map problems.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the Website’s cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
RoadSwap may permit, solicit or contract certain other companies to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services. The advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be geographically or contextually targeted.
The Service includes an internal messaging system which provides you the ability to receive marketing messages from us. You hereby agree that we may use the internal messaging system for the purpose of informing you regarding products or services, which may interest you and to send to you advertisements and other marketing material. You further consent that RoadSwap may send such information to the e-mail address you have provided. The foregoing consent constitutes consent to transmission of advertisements by RoadSwap, as described, according to any applicable law.
Please note however that other RoadSwap users are not allowed to use our internal messaging account for commercial advertising purposes. If you have encountered any user generated advertising material, please inform us through the channels listed on the menu in the Software or through the “Contact Us” page on the Site (web address: RoadSwap.com ). RoadSwap does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with any user’s advertising material.
It is clarified that we are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable in connection thereof.
RoadSwap considers information security to be a top priority. RoadSwap implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although RoadSwap takes great efforts to protect your personal information, RoadSwap cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that RoadSwap’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse. In this case, should the software be hacked, we are not responsible in any way or form.
Last modified: 22 August 2015